Join the Helpforce Burdett Clinical Collaborative to influence the roles volunteers play in health and care
We are proud to be working with clinical leaders and their teams to help embed volunteer roles in our health and care system.
In 2018 the Burdett Trust, a Nursing charity, awarded Helpforce a 3-year grant to work with the nursing profession and the wider workforce to create a network of senior clinical leaders, known as The Helpforce Burdett Clinical Collaborative to steer this work.
We want to see more clinical staff involved in shaping the many ways volunteers can support them in their work.
Kay Fawcett, Clinical Lead, Helpforce
If you are a clinician, we would love you to join us on our journey, and bring your experience to:
- Engage, support and raise the value of the volunteer workforce in the clinical environment
- Enhance the patient journey and experience
- Identify, co-design and deliver interventions for more volunteers at the interface with care
- Prepare clinical teams to work with volunteers for mutual benefit, and develop environments in which volunteers can thrive
- Ensure volunteers are trained using national standards, and where they wish, to support them in using their experience as a way to a career in health and care
- Develop a defined set of metrics that describe the impact of volunteering for patients, staff, organisations and volunteers themselves
- Act as role models to support volunteering in Trusts
- Share learning and connect through our national Helpforce Network