Organisation: Royal Voluntary Service
10th November 2018
Royal Voluntary Service
In every corner of Britain, Royal Voluntary Service mobilises volunteers to support those in need, in hospital and in the community. Through the gift of voluntary service, our volunteers provide much-needed support for over-stretched public services and for people as they age. Our volunteers work at scale in the NHS, freeing up NHS staff to dedicate more time to patient care, and within communities to give practical help and support to people as they age.
Royal Voluntary Service volunteers help in all sorts of ways:
- They provide practical help and companionship, deliver books to those who love reading but can’t get to their local library and drive people that can’t get out and about to GP or hospital appointments, shopping trips and to local social events and activities.
- They run clubs and groups in local communities where older people can socialise, take part in interesting activities and enjoy something to eat and drink.
- They provide exercise classes, activities and companionship for older people in hospital and support them with their return home.
- They run hospital welcome desks and Hospital Shops, Cafes and Trolley Services.
- We also run national campaigns to raise awareness of the impact of voluntary service.
Royal Voluntary Service is also a HelpForce Partner