Winter Pressure Volunteer - Role Description and Risk Assessment
Tags: Toolkit, Template
19th November 2020
Many thanks to Debi McKeown for sharing with us this role description.
At a quick glance, the winter pressure volunteers will:
- Provide Therapeutic Support and interaction for patients
- Visit the shop or run other errands for patients and ward staff as requested
- Support hydration and nutritional needs of patient.
- Encourage patients to eat and keep them company while they are eating.
- Help serve patients meals and/or drinks and support patients to order food for their next meals.
- Support patients whilst eating (you must complete training before being allowed to do this.)
- Ensure that each patient is wearing a legible identity band stating their name, hospital number, and name of the ward.
- Prepare the bed area for new patient admission, i.e. make the bed, clean the locker.
- General ward tidying, i.e. linen room, store room, utility rooms, teaching room, staff changing room, bathrooms, patient lounge
- Tidy and clean surrounding areas.
- Distributing questionnaires and helping patients fill them in.
- Be under the direction of nursing / HCA staff on the allocated ward and Accept appropriate supervision and guidance from staff
- Escort patients off the ward – Only with permission from a senior member of staff
Any questions for Debi, please contact her using the Direct Message function.