Telephone Befriending Guide
Tags: Guidance, Toolkit, Template
16th March 2021
Thank you to Sharon Nobbs from Humber Teaching NHS Foundation Trust for sharing their18 page guide book.
Importance of Telephone Befriending
Protecting Your Caller Identification
How Do I Introduce Myself?
Concerns and Safeguarding
What to do?
Hull City Council Support Line
What do I Talk About?
Keep Your Promises
Try Not To Offer ‘Advice’
Add Some Fun, Humour & A Light-Hearted Approach
Recognising signs of Depression in your befriendee
Please download the attachment for the full guide.
You may also be interested in:
- Telephone Befriending Service All You Need To Know
- Telephone Befriender: Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement
- Check in & Chat: Volunteer Chatter Role Description
- Webinar recording: Examples of virtual volunteering models
- Telephone Befriender/Phone bank
If you wish to share your knowledge on the Helpforce Connect, please visit this page (please note: the button "Contribute your resource" is only visible to logged in members).