Sally James, Public Health Workforce Lead
Sally is the lead for Public Health Practitioner Workforce Development at Health Education England (Midlands), with over 25 years’ NHS experience from working in the West Midlands and in North East Scotland, in primary care development, acute and specialised services commissioning, service improvement, and public health workforce development.
A key part of her role in developing the public health practitioner workforce is leading the West Midlands’ Public Health Practitioner Development Scheme, to facilitate practitioners registering with UKPHR and to develop them in their roles through ongoing support and a programme of masterclasses. Her role also has a strong focus on embedding the principles of Making Every Contact Count, Health Literacy, and prevention into undergraduate education programmes and in the widening participation agenda.
Sally is one of the judges for the Helpforce Champions Awards 2021. To read other judges' profiles, please click links below:
- Dr Amit Patel - Active campaigner for accessibility, diversity and inclusion
- Mark Lever - Helpforce CEO
- Karen Bonner - Chief Nurse and Director of Infection Prevention and Control at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Maisy Vincent - Helpforce Champion Awards Winner 2019 in the category "Young Volunteer of the Year"
- Sir Tom Hughes-Hallet - Helpforce Chairman and Founder